Saturday, November 18, 2006

patrick wolf update: that time of the month....

that time of the month....

oh.. eurgh.. graaa.. brrrrkk... nnnnnnn....

do you ever feel emotionally constipated?
like when you start a new job and people make judgements on
your character without even bothering to start a conversation with you?
I guess this is just one evening... I am generally so happy right now.
This week I had so much fun.. I recorded a performance for channel 4 (a television station in england).. their saturday morning tv show.. I did a little interview too.. (where I felt my brain afterwards wanted to just say the opposite of what my mouth said) My new band of beautifuls mounted to an epic seven piece group.. three strings (the siblings of joy.. victoria and alastair sutherland and the cornish wind in the wires born nat jones).. one bass clarinet (nat scott).. a trombone (the one and only mark rudland)... baritone uke.. (the new madonna.. bishi).. synthesizers and toy piano.. (jo apps). I think the recording will be broadcast in january and then again in march.. stay tuned for broadcast times. My band was bigger than Nelly Furtados but one short of Beyonces.. I must be onto an epic communication.

In other news.. I am in the early process of making a new music video for a song that is very dear to my heart from the new album. It will be a little visual, film entry to the new album, before the actual beast is unleashed and the next single is unveiled. I can confirm the song will be blue and there will be bells involved. I wrote the storyline that I then gave to a fantastic director.. and we will be delivering a great collaboration this winter.. if all goes to plan. My last video for A&E is a very different thing to what I have planned for the next few videos.
I have already very much started the press for the new record... can I apologise in advance for anything odd that comes out of my mouth? I tend to get bored a little easily and sometimes I wander off into the realm of hans christian andersen.. have any of you actually read his stories? I beg you to get a compendium this christmas and get lost in his words.

I think the thing is.. I belong primarily behind an instrument.. not a camera or a journalists tape recorder.. I long to disapear behind a type writer one day and finish off my book i've been writing for a while, but I must take one thing at a time and fulfill my duties to standing up for my work in the real world. I always say.. it's like when you give birth to a baby and you can't just give it up for adoption or leave it in an alleyway for some stranger to discover.. you need to put in a good nursery and feed it properly until it's fully grown.

I have been very drawn to soon wearing a burqa... I am disgusted that the british government is starting a ban of what the public is allowed to wear, I understand there must be a reform on sexist politics within the muslim religion, and a reform on the prejudice of the white racist british public.. but.. First hooded tops..
then now veils.. I have worn both in my time.. I once had a victorian black funeral veil that I used to wear on the street when I felt reclusive.. and I have been turned out of about six supermarkets here in London for wearing my favourite sequined hooded shirts and jackets and refusing to take the hood down while buying doughnuts and baileys.

Ok.. I must go.. Im sure there is so much to tell you.. but I feel already I have said too much for some. Soon we will be announcing the first leg of the new tour next year.. it will be a long one indeed, and global this time, at last! I will be putting my domestic life into storage for a good year as I live my life on the road. By the way.. I had an email recently from some juvenile criminal who got hold of my email adress complaining about my home decoration too.. Seriously.. I could go into specifics right now.. but please, I am not unfortunately at a missy elliot level where I can afford to wear new shoes everyday and live in a ferrari shaped bed, I moved into my new house so I could write on the grand piano everyday that my landlord left while he travelled Poland. Next time, I have quickly learnt, I will transmit my communications from somewhere much less personal. Im a little regretting letting one small minority in somewhere I thought could feel a part of something in this age of rehearsed personalites.. or perhaps, I dont care and they should go and find work at habitat with anna ryder richardson... and charlie dimmock just for good wholesome luck. I once went to the london marathon just to see her.. it was a real highlight of 2001, It ranks on a level with appearing in the audience of the Vanessa Feltz show in 1997.. so perhaps that is not such a punishment.

I have been designing the new website with a good person.. It should finally be ready this december. I am looking forward to showing you an extensive gallery and a little more of the story you have been following so far.

Anyway.. Unconditional love to all of you.. I am in a funny mood.. I still believe that certain boys get periods too. I need to write more music.. retreat from the sun a little. I am going to egypt soon.. I long to see the pyramids.. be with camels.. kiss a crocodile... burn my skin in solitude..

speak soon.. perhaps at the union chapel.. I start reharsals next week, Im very excited, very excited indeed.

love x patrick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird. Patrick and Milly have the same cycle. Switched at birth?