Friday, November 17, 2006

my favorite record of 2007

Yes, you read it right... I have listed Dustin Kensrue’s solo debut, Please Come Home, as my favorite record of 2007. That’s not saying much since it is the only record I’ve heard that is scheduled to be released in 2007. Please Come Home is actually a very fine solo project by Thrice’s frontman. Unlike a certain hardcore gone acoustic art (cough Alexisonfire... cough... City and Colour), Please Come Home is not just another bland, boring unplugged album. Kensrue adopts the alterative-country/folk style very similar to The New Amsterdams and the result is excellent: the album is full of uplifting 'country rhythms' with some very 'country lyrics'. Perhaps the most surprising part of the record belongs to Kensrue new found and may I say, improved vocal style. It is crisp, melodic, and very nostalgic sounding. Without a doubt, Please Come Home will definitely be one of the first records I will buy in 2007.

1. I Knew You Before [wicked-cool song]
2. Pistol [wicked-cool song]
3. I Believe [wicked-cool song] ****link fixed****
4. Please Come Home [wicked-cool song]
5. Blood & Wine [wicked-cool song]
6. Consider The Ravens [wicked-cool song]
7. Weary Saints [wicked-cool song]
8. Blanket Of Ghosts [wicked-cool song]
***most files have expired, reload upon request

Sorry for the excessively use of [wicked-cool song], but I truly enjoy every song from this album!

Please Come Home comes out of January 23, 2007, I will post preorder details while they become available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link to song #3 is broken, it goes to the 2nd song.

Jackman said...

i've fixed the link to the third song, thanks for letting me know!