Tuesday, November 07, 2006

more great new music

I think I have discovered one of the best new artists of 2006: her name is Natasha Khan and her musical alter ego is Bat For Lashes. Man, I don’t even know where to begin with this recommendation. I guess I will start by saying that Fur And Gold has one of the best cover art of the year... it is right up there with Underoath’s Define the Great Line. Anyways, Fur And Gold begins with the sound of a vibrant harpsichord in "Horse And I". There is this adventurous feeling and the idea of exploring right from this opening track. This mood is continued by "Trophy", which creates this imaginative jungle or the deep forest in my mind when I listen to it. In contrast, the music is stripped down in "Tahiti" to display Natasha’s beautiful voice. The tempo changes again in "Whats A Girl To Do", a neat little narrative track. Ok, I think I need fast forward the album a bit as I should be in bed about two hours ago… I am sooooo sleepy! "Prescilla" and "Sarah" consist some of my favorite instruments: handclapping in the former while finger snapping in the latter. "Seal Jubilee" is another stripped down track, but this time, Khan’s echo sounding voice sounds sad and haunting... ummm, just download the songs below and make sure you go buy Fur And Gold after... free music is good, but it is very important to support the artists that you like by buying their CDs, LPs, etc!!!

Horse And I
Trophy
[wicked-cool song]
Tahiti [wicked-cool song]
Whats A Girl To Do
Prescilla
[wicked-cool song]
Seal Jubilee
Sarah

***files have expired, reload upon request

buy Fur And Gold here.

No comments: